How do I wipe my computer clean and reinstall Windows 7 without CD?
The instructions are:
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
- Follow the wizard instructions to continue with System Restore.
Can I reformat Windows 7 without a CD?
If you want to reformat the hard drive, or C: drive, you cannot do so while Windows is running. You will need to boot the system from a boot disc first in order to conduct a PC format operation. If you don’t have your Windows installation media, you can create a system repair disc from within Windows 7.
How do I wipe my Windows 7 computer clean?
1. Click Start, then choose “Control Panel.” Click “System and Security,” then choose “Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Time” in the Action Center section. 2. Click “Advanced Recovery Methods,” then choose “Return Your Computer to Factory Condition.”
How can I install Windows 7 on my laptop without CD drive?
How To Install Windows without a CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: Install Windows from ISO file on a Bootable USB Storage Device. For starters, to install windows from any USB storage device, you need to create a bootable ISO file of the windows operating system on that device. …
- Step 2: Install Windows Using Your Bootable Device.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Windows 7?
- Boot from the DVD.
- Click Install Now.
- At the setup screen, click Custom (Advanced)
- Click Drive Options.
- Select the partition(s) you want to format – make sure you chose the CORRECT partition.
- Click Format – this will delete EVERYTHING on that partition.
- Create a new partition to install Windows on (if needed)
How do I format my computer with Windows 7?
Step 1: Click Start, then select Control Panel and click on System and Security. Step 2: Select Backup and Restore displayed on the new page. Step 3: After selecting backup and restore window, click on the Recover system settings or your computer.
Why can’t I factory reset my PC Windows 7?
The recovery partition has been damaged, and also wouldn’t go into the factory reset. If the factory restore partition is no longer on your hard drive, and you do not have HP recovery disks, you can NOT do a factory restore. The best thing to do is to do a clean install. It is called “custom” in the install process.
How do I make recovery disks for Windows 7?
Creating a system repair disc in Windows 7
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under System and Security, click Back up your computer. …
- Click Create a system repair disc. …
- Select a CD/DVD drive and insert a blank disc into the drive. …
- When the repair disc is complete, click Close.
How can I completely format my laptop?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.