How do I rename a user profile in Windows 7?
Change Your User Name On Windows 7 [How-To]
- Click the Windows Start Menu Orb and Type in user accounts then Select the User Accounts link from the list.
- Under your account, Click Change your account name.
- Type in a new name you would like to use from now on in Windows 7 and Click Change Name.
How do I rename a Windows profile?
Open the User Accounts control panel, then click Manage another account. Click the account you want to edit. Click Change the account name. Enter the correct username for the account, then click Change Name.
How do I change the administrator name on Windows 7?
To change the administrator name on your Microsoft account:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Computer Management and select it from the list.
- Select the arrow next to Local Users and Groups to expand it.
- Select Users.
- Right-click Administrator and select Rename.
- Type a new name.
How do I rename a user?
How to Change Administrator Name on Windows 10 via Control Panel
- Type Control Panel into the Windows Search Bar. …
- Then click Open.
- Click on Change account type under Use Accounts.
- Select a user account you would like to rename.
- Click on Change the account name.
- Type the new user account name in the box.
How do I rename a profile in the registry?
To work around this issue, use the steps below to manually rename the profile path.
- Log in by using another administrative account. …
- Go to the C:users folder and rename the sub folder with the original user name to the new user name.
- Go to registry and modify the registry value ProfileImagePath to the new path name.
How do I change the profile in the Registry Windows 7?
- Open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionProfileList.
- Select each folder individually and look at the ProfileImagePath key to identify the user profile associated with the selected folder:
How do I change the name of a user in C drive?
Method 1. Using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on “User Accounts”.
- Again, click on “User Accounts” to proceed. …
- Now, click on the “Change your account name” option.
- Now, type a new name for the user account name that you want and click on the “Change Name” button to proceed.
Where are user profiles registry?
The registry contains a key called ProfileList located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersion. This registry key contains one subkey for each user profile on a Windows machine.