Why is my Windows 10 taking so long to shut down?
Solution 1: Software Problems. Programs are the most common cause of the shutdown issues. If your computer takes a lot of time at the “programs need to close” window or doesn’t go beyond that, it means you likely have a software problem at hand. … This happens because that program needs to save data before it could close …
How do I make Windows shut down faster?
Click the Control key folder, as shown in Figure A, and look for the WaitToKillServiceTimeout key. Double-click that key and change the value from the 5000 default to 2000, and then click OK. This changes the time Windows 10 will wait for an unresponsive service from 5ms to 2ms.
Why is it taking my computer so long to shut down?
Windows can take longer than usual to shut down when services, background processes, drivers or applications prevent it from shutting down normally. Diagnose and solve a shutdown issue by viewing running processes in Task Manager, clean-booting your laptop or starting Windows in safe mode.
How do I fix slow shutdown?
You can try Power Troubleshooter to fix the slow shut down issue.
- Press the Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Choose Troubleshoot in the left pane. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
- Reboot your computer to apply the changes.
Why does Windows 10 take forever to restart?
The reason why the restart is taking forever to complete might be an unresponsive process running in the background. For example, the Windows system is trying to apply a new update but something stops from working properly during the restart operation. … Press Windows+R to open Run.
How do I turn off fast shutdown in Windows 10?
- Press Windows + X. From the menu, click Power Options, or open the Settings menu by clicking Start and clicking Settings. …
- The Power Options window will open. …
- At the bottom of the window is a Shutdown settings section. …
- Click Save changes and exit out of the window.
How do I make my laptop shut down faster?
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del shortcut key on your keyboard and click the power button in the bottom-right side of the computer screen. Press Alt+F4 shortcut key on your keyboard, after clicking to such Shutdown Windows screen interface appear in front of you and select Shut down option.
How do I restart faster?
If you’re fed up with your laptop’s slow boot speed, here are 9 tips to get your machine up and running faster.
- Scan for Viruses & Malware. …
- Change Boot Priority and Turn on Quick Boot in BIOS. …
- Disable/Delay Startup Apps. …
- Disable Nonessential Hardware. …
- Hide Unused Fonts. …
- No GUI Boot. …
- Eliminate Boot Delays. …
- Remove Crapware.
How can I restart my PC faster?
Use Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- On your computer keyboard, hold down the control (Ctrl), alternate (Alt), and delete (Del) keys at the same time.
- Release the keys and wait for a new menu or window to appear.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click the Power icon. …
- Select between Shut Down and Restart.
How do I make Windows 10 boot up faster?
First, open the Windows Control Panel. Next, go to the Power Options screen. When there, select the Choose What the Power Button Does option. Finally, click the checkbox for Turn on Fast Startup and hit save.
How do I stop Windows from shutting down?
Cancel System Shutdown or Restart in Windows
To cancel or abort system shutdown or restart, open Command Prompt, type shutdown /a within the time-out period and hit Enter. It would instead be easier to create a desktop or keyboard shortcut for it.
Is there a Windows 11 coming out?
Windows 11 is due out later in 2021 and will be delivered over several months. The rollout of the upgrade to Windows 10 devices already in use today will begin in 2022 through the first half of that year.