How to switch between the Start menu and Start screen in Windows…
- To make the Start screen the default instead, click the Start button and then click the Settings command.
- At the Settings window, click the setting for Personalization.
- At the Personalization window, click the option for Start.
Right click on the Start button and choose the option Settings. It will open up the same screen where we selected the classic menu style. On the same screen, you can change the icon of the Start Button.
Make basic changes to the Classic Shell Start menu
- Open the Start menu by pressing Win or clicking the Start button. …
- Click Programs, choose Classic Shell, and then select Start Menu Settings.
- Click the Start Menu Style tab and make your desired changes.
How do I stop the Start Menu from opening on startup?
Method 1: Use the right-click start menu to put your PC to sleep
- Right click on the start menu (if you are using touch screen, tap and hold the start button till the right click menu shows). …
- Go to shut down or sign out then click on sleep this way, the start menu will not be there on waking up.
How do I fix Windows Start Menu?
How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Opening
- Sign Out of Your Microsoft Account. …
- Restart Windows Explorer. …
- Check for Windows Updates. …
- Scan for Corrupt System Files. …
- Clear Cortana Temporary Files. …
- Uninstall or Fix Dropbox.
How do I change my desktop to normal view in Windows 10?
- Click or tap the Start button.
- Open the Settings application.
- Click or tap on “System”
- In the pane on the left of the screen scroll all the way to the bottom until you see “Tablet Mode”
- Ensure the toggle is set to off to your preference.
How do I go back to the old version of Windows?
Click the icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
It looks like a tiny rectangle that’s next to your notification icon. Clicking the icon again will bring back the windows you had open. This is an easy way to rotate back and forth between your active windows and desktop.
Method 1: Use the Settings App
- Go to Settings.
- Select Personalization.
- Then click on Taskbar.
- Scroll down to Taskbar behaviors.
- Go to Taskbar alignment and select Left in the drop-down menu.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
Is there a classic mode for Windows 10?
Easily Access the Classic Personalization Window
By default, when you right-click on the Windows 10 desktop and select Personalize, you are taken to the new Personalization section in PC Settings. … You can add a shortcut to the desktop so you can quickly access the classic Personalization window if you prefer it.
Head to Settings > Personalization > Start. On the right, scroll all the way to the bottom and click the “Choose which folders appear on Start” link. Choose whatever folders you want to appear on the Start menu. And here’s a side-by-side look at how those new folders look as icons and in the expanded view.