How do I manually eject a disc from my Computer?
In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
It’s usually represented by a small triangle with a line under it and found on the right side of the drive. Many software programs allow users to eject a CD without having to push the eject button.
Click Computer to enter Windows Explorer (or press Windows key + E on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer). From there, right-click the DVD drive icon. Select Eject. Note: Right-click the DVD drive.
How do I eject a disc?
Use the following steps:
- Close any applications using the drive and then shut down the PC.
- Find the pinhole on the drive door.
- Bend part of the paperclip to a point. Insert the paperclip slowly until there is resistance, then gently push until the drive door is opened.
- Pull the drive tray out and remove the disk.
How do I eject a DVD?
Eject the disc within the Operating System
- Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
What is eject icon?
An eject symbol, displayed as an upward-pointing triangle above a horiztonal bar. May be used as a physical button or an icon in a user interface. Represents the action of ejecting physical media such as a floppy disk, videocasette or DVD on a computer or media player.
How do I force eject a CD from my external hard drive?
2 Force Eject the Disc
Some external disc drives have an emergency pinhole used to force eject a disc stuck inside. Locate the pinhole on the front of the disc drive. Grab a pin, needle or uncoiled paper clip that fits into the pinhole. Insert the pin into the hole and push until the disc or tray pops out.
How do I eject a CD from command prompt?
Go to Start -> Run -> Cmd. Now type, C:>eject H: Where H is the CD drive. Note your CD drive letter and type it instead of H.