How do I change my default storage location?
Step 1 of 5
- From the Home screen, touch Apps.
- Touch Camera.
- Touch Settings.
- Swipe to and touch Storage location. …
- Touch the desired storage location. …
- You have completed the steps.
How do I change the default folder location in Windows 10?
To make the move, open C:Users, double-click your user profile folder, and then right-click any of the default subfolders there and click Properties. On the Location tab, click Move, and then select the new location for that folder. (If you enter a path that doesn’t exist, Windows will offer to create it for you.)
How do I change my Storage location in Windows?
In the Settings window, click System. In the System window, choose the Storage tab on the left and then scroll down to the “Save locations” section on the right. Use the drop-down menus to change the storage locations for each type of file (documents, music, pictures, and videos).
How do I change the C drive space on Windows 10?
- Simultaneously press Windows logo key and R key to open Run dialog box. …
- Right click on C drive, then select “Shrink volume”
- On the next screen, you can adjust the needed shrinking size (also the size for new partition)
- Then the C drive side will be shrinked, and there will be new unallocated disk space.
How do I make D my default drive?
From the book
- Click Start, and then click Settings (the gear icon) to open the Settings app.
- Click System.
- Click the Storage tab.
- Click the Change Where New Content Is Saved link.
- In the New Apps Will Save To list, select the drive you want to use as the default for app installs.
How do I change download location in Windows Store?
In Windows 10 you now have the ability to change the Windows Store download location for apps and games. To do that, go to Settings > System > Storage. Under the “Save locations” heading there is an option titled “New apps will save to:”. You can set this to any drive on your machine.
How do I change from C drive to D drive?
To access another drive, type the drive’s letter, followed by “:”. For instance, if you wanted to change the drive from “C:” to “D:”, you should type “d:” and then press Enter on your keyboard. To change the drive and the directory at the same time, use the cd command, followed by the “/d” switch.
How do I change download location from C drive to D drive?
Path 1: Move Downloads Folder to D Drive via Properties
Step 1: Open File Explorer, select This PC in the left menu. Step 2: Right-click Downloads folder and choose Properties. Step 3: In the Downloads Properties window, switch to the Location tab and click Move to get a Select a Destination window.
How do I free up space on my C drive?
Here’s how to free up hard drive space on your desktop or laptop, even if you’ve never done it before.
- Uninstall unnecessary apps and programs. …
- Clean your desktop. …
- Get rid of monster files. …
- Use the Disk Cleanup Tool. …
- Discard temporary files. …
- Deal with downloads. …
- Save to the cloud.