Share the Public Folder
- Open the File Manager.
- Right-click the Public folder, then select Properties.
- Select Local Network Share.
- Select the Share this folder check box.
- When prompted, select Install service, then select Install.
- Enter your user password, then select Authenticate.
- Allow the installation to complete.
Creating a shared folder on a computer running Windows/Confirming a computer’s information
- Create a folder, just as you would create a normal folder, in a location of your choice on the computer.
- Right-click the folder, and then click [Sharing and Security].
- On the [Sharing] tab, select [Share this folder].
Creating shared folders is a secure way to give access to other users without allowing them to access your entire system. Shared folders and directories allows its permitted users to read, write & execute files according to their permissions.
Ubuntu 10.04 host
- Create a folder on the Host computer (ubuntu) that you would like to share, for example ~/share.
- Boot the Guest operating system in VirtualBox.
- Select Devices -> Shared Folders…
- Choose the ‘Add’ button.
- Select ‘/home/<user>/share’ for Folder Path.
- Select ‘share’ for Folder Name.
How do you create a group in Linux?
Creating and managing groups on Linux
- To create a new group, use the groupadd command. …
- To add a member to a supplementary group, use the usermod command to list the supplementary groups that the user is currently a member of, and the supplementary groups that the user is to become a member of.
Set up a shared workbook
- Click the Review tab.
- Click Share Workbook in the Changes group.
- On the Editing tab, click to select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. …
- In the Save As dialog box, save the shared workbook on a network location where other users can gain access to it.
Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
- In the search box in the Windows taskbar, enter two backslashes followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example \192.168. …
- Press Enter. …
- If you want to configure a folder as a network drive, right-click it and select “Map network drive…” from the context menu.
Viewing Shared Folders in a Linux Guest
In a Linux virtual machine, shared folders appear under /mnt/hgfs.
How do I make a file public in Linux?
Setting File Permissions in Command Line
In Linux, you can easily change the file permissions by right-clicking a file or folder and selecting “Properties.” This will open a Permission tab where you can make changes.
How do I list groups in Linux?
List All Groups. To view all groups present on the system simply open the /etc/group file. Each line in this file represents information for one group. Another option is to use the getent command which displays entries from databases configured in /etc/nsswitch.
Choose the virtual machine and select Player > Manage > Virtual Machine Settings:
- Go to the Options tab and select the Shared Folders option:
- Under Folder sharing, choose a sharing option. …
- The Add Shared Folder Wizard opens. …
- Type the path on the host system to the directory you want to share and specify its name:
- Open VirtualBox.
- Right-click your VM, then click Settings.
- Go to Shared Folders section.
- Add a new shared folder.
- On Add Share prompt, select the Folder Path in your host that you want to be accessible inside your VM.
- In the Folder Name field, type shared.
- Uncheck Read-only and Auto-mount, and check Make Permanent.
Right click on the folder you want to share. Go to permissions tab. look for the group permissions and change it into “Read and Write.” Check the box for allowing the same permissions to the files and folders inside. Step Three: Verify that your brother can create delete files in the shared folder.