Why is my phone not notifying me when I get text messages?
Make sure the Notifications are set to Normal. … Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
How do I turn on text notification on my phone?
- Open Android Messages.
- Tap the contact that has this icon displayed.
- Tap the three stacked dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap People & options.
- Tap Notifications to toggle on and off.
How do I get notification sounds on Android?
To turn on Sound Notifications, follow these steps:
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Accessibility Sound Notifications.
- Tap Open Sound Notifications.
- To accept the permissions, tap OK.
- Optional: Change your Sound Notifications shortcut.
Why are my incoming texts silent?
So let’s make sure that you selected a tone for your incoming text messages! Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > and scroll down to the section Sounds and Vibration Patterns. In this section, look for Text Tone. If this says None or Vibrate Only, tap it and change the alert to something you like.
How do you get your messages to pop up on Android?
Option 1: In your Settings app
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. Notifications.
- Under “Recently Sent,” tap an app.
- Tap a type of notification.
- Choose your options: Choose Alerting or Silent. To see a banner for alerting notifications when your phone is unlocked, turn on Pop on screen.
How do I turn the sound on for text messages?
How to Set Text Message Ringtone in Android
- From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app.
- From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Notifications“.
- Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
How do you unmute text messages on Android?
Verizon Messages (Message+) – Android Smartphone – Mute / Unmute Conversations
- Open the Verizon Messages app .
- Select a conversation.
- Tap the Menu icon (upper-right).
- Tap ‘Mute Conversation’ or ‘Unmute Conversation’. Muting a conversation disables notifications.
Why won’t my Samsung make a noise when I get a text?
You might have accidentally enabled Mute or Vibration mode on your Samsung Galaxy phone and that’s why you don’t hear notification sounds. To disable those modes, you need to enable Sound mode. For that, go to Settings > Sounds and vibration. Check the box under Sound.