How do I get my PC to recognize my Android phone?
What can I do if Windows 10 doesn’t recognize my device?
- On your Android device open Settings and go to Storage.
- Tap the more icon in the top right corner and choose USB computer connection.
- From the list of options select Media device (MTP).
- Connect your Android device to your computer, and it should be recognized.
Why is my Android phone not showing up on my computer?
Go to Settings > More Settings. Tap on USB utilities and then on Connect Storage to PC. Tap on Connect Storage to PC and then on Turn on USB storage. … On your PC, open up My Computer and see if your Android appears as a Windows volume.
Why is my PC not detecting my phone?
Check USB Connection Settings
If you don’t have your Android device set as a media device (MTP) your computer is not going to recognize it. You can change this setting on many Android devices by going to your device’s “Settings” > “Developer options” > scroll down to “USB configuration” and tap on it.
Why is my computer not recognizing my Samsung phone?
Check Your Phone’s USB Cable
If your Samsung phone won’t connect to PC, the first step is to check the USB cable that you are using to connect it to your computer. … Check that the cable is fast enough for your computer and/or is a data cable. Newer computers may need a USB 3.1 speed data cable to connect correctly.
How do I connect my Android to Windows 10 via USB?
Plug the USB cable into your Windows 10 computer or laptop. Then, plug the other end of the USB cable into your Android smartphone. Once you do, your Windows 10 PC should immediately recognize your Android smartphone and install some drivers for it, if it hasn’t them already.
What to do if your computer does not recognize a device?
How to Fix USB Device Not Recognized in Windows
- Method 1 – Unplug Computer. …
- Method 2 – Update Device Driver. …
- Method 4 – USB Root Hub. …
- Method 5 – Connect Directly to PC. …
- Method 6 – USB Troubleshooter. …
- Method 7 – Update Generic USB Hub. …
- Method 8 – Uninstall USB Devices. …
- Method 9 – Uninstall Hidden Devices.
How do I enable USB on Android?
On the device, go to Settings > About
Why is my USB device not recognized?
Windows may be missing other important updates hardware or software issues. Your USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. Your external drive may be entering selective suspend. Your PC motherboard may need updated drivers.