What do the icons at the top of my screen mean?
The status bar at the top of the home screen contains icons that help you monitor your phone. Icons on the left tell you about apps, such as new messages or downloads.
How do I remove the location icon from my status bar?
Stop location tracking on Android devices
- Swipe down from the top of the screen so that you see your Quick Settings menu, and long-press on the Location icon, or swipe down, tap the Settings icon, and choose “Location.”
- You’re now on the Location page. Find the “Use location” feature at the top and toggle it off.
How do I customize my status bar?
Changing The Status Bar Manually
- Pull down the slider below the status bar.
- On the top right click on three vertical dots.
- Choose Status bar.
- Here you can choose whether you wish to have only 3 recent notifications or All notifications. You can even choose to show battery percentage as well.
What is a VPN on a phone?
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, routes all of your internet activity through a secure, encrypted connection, which prevents others from seeing what you’re doing online and from where you’re doing it. …
What does the key icon mean on Samsung?
In short, the padlock or key icon on Android is an icon that indicates that you are using a VPN service on your phone at the moment.
What is VPN service on Android?
What is a VPN? In short, a VPN allows you to connect your device up to a secure connection over the Internet. VPNs can do a lot of things, such as letting you access region-restricted websites, keep your data secure, hide your browsing activity on a public Wi-Fi network and more.
What does a bent arrow on my phone mean?
The icon means that the call forwarding is active on your phone. If you haven’t activated call forwarding and the icon still appears on top of your screen then you can resolve it in two ways; 1. Go to Settings -> Phone -> Call Forwarding and check that it is off, or.