Pressing down both volume buttons on your device for a long period can often bring up a boot menu. From there you can choose to restart your device. Your phone may use a combination of holding the volume buttons while also holding the home button, so be sure to try this as well.
How can I reboot my Android phone?
- Press and hold the “Power” button until you see the “Options” menu.
- Select either “Restart” or “Power off”. If you choose “Power off”, you can turn your device back on again by pressing and holding the “Power” button.
How to restart phone without power button
- Plug the Phone into an electric or USB charger. …
- Enter Recovery Mode and reboot the phone. …
- “Double-tap to wake” and “Double-tap to sleep” options. …
- Scheduled Power ON/OFF. …
- Power Button to Volume Button app. …
- Find the professional phone repair provider.
Reboot your phone
Try long pressing your phone’s power button for thirty seconds and see if it can reboot. Rebooting would help if the reason why the power button is not responding is because of any software or application glitch. When you reboot the device, it would help restart all the apps.
Hold down the Power button and tap Volume Up. You’ll see the Android system recovery menu appear at the top of your screen. Select wipe data / factory reset with the volume keys and tap the Power button to activate it. Select Yes – erase all user data with the volume buttons and tap Power.
How do I boot my Android into recovery mode?
How To Access Android Recovery Mode
- Turn off the phone (hold power button and select “Power Off” from the menu)
- Now, press and hold Power+Home+Volume Up buttons..
- Keep holding until device logo shows up and phone restarts again, you should enter recovery mode.
How do I force restart?
All you need to do is press and hold the power button for at least 20-30 seconds. It’s going to feel like a long time, but keep holding it until the device powers off. Samsung devices have a slightly quicker method. Press and hold the volume down key and the power/side key for seven seconds.
How do I restart my phone when the screen isnt working?
Restart your phone
If your phone is frozen with the screen on, hold down the power button for about 30 seconds to restart.
How can I restart my phone without touching the screen?
You could try and press/hold the power button and volume down whilst the power is plugged in should turn it off. If you don’t have the power plugged in it will reboot only.
How do you restart a frozen phone?
Perform a forced restart
If the standard restart doesn’t help, simultaneously press and hold the power and volume down keys for more than seven seconds. This will force your phone to restart.
How do I turn off my Android phone without touching the screen?
The solution is simply to scroll down to “power off” by pressing the volume down key THREE TIMES and then push the power button. In summary, to shut the phone down without being able to see what’s on screen: Hold power button for about 15 seconds until it vibrates. This will initiate a restart.
How do I force my Android phone to turn on?
Press your device’s Power button and hold it down. You should only have to hold the Power button down for ten seconds, but you may have to hold it down for thirty seconds or longer. This will cut the power to your phone or tablet and force it to boot back up, fixing any hard freezes.