What do you do when your Android wont turn on?
Here are the steps you can take if your Android won’t start.
- Soft Reset. Your device might need a soft reset. …
- Pull the Battery (if possible) …
- Check for Stuck Buttons. …
- Remove Connected Hardware. …
- Ensure Device Has Enough Power. …
- Start in Safe Mode. …
- Factory Hard Reset.
What do you do when your phone wont turn on?
What to Do If Your Phone Won’t Turn On
- Inspect the Phone for Physical Damage. (Photo: South_agency/Getty Images) …
- Charge the Battery. (Photo: Zlata Ivleva) …
- Do a Hard Reset. (Photo: Zlata Ivleva) …
- Restore Your Phone to Factory Settings. …
- Re-Flash the Firmware From Scratch. …
- Buy a New Phone.
Why is my phone not starting?
You can reboot your Android device to the recovery mode and do a factory reset. The best way to boot up the device is to use recovery mode to do a factory reset. Power down your Android Phone or tablet and boot it by holding several buttons at the same time. The buttons that your press will depend on your phone.
Why did my phone turn off by itself and won’t turn on?
Apart from hardware malfunctions, software glitches and firmware bugs can also cause your device to get switched off automatically. Your device manufacturer is always working to fix any firmware bugs that may cause your device to run slowly, drain the battery, and even cause instability to the system.
How do I force my phone to turn on?
Charge your phone for at least 30 minutes. Press and hold the power button for a few seconds. On your screen, tap Restart , or press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds, until your phone restarts.
How do I reset my Android when it wont turn on?
6. Reset Your Android Device
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down for a few seconds until you see the Android logo on the screen. …
- Use the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to navigate to Recovery Mode.
- Press the Power button.
- Use the Volume keys to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and press the Power button.
Why is my phone not turning on but charging?
Cause 4: Faulty battery or charging port
If the iPhone still doesn’t turn on, it may have a dead battery or a bad charging port. … If the phone says it is charging, then the Lightning connector works, and you likely had a bad battery. But if it still doesn’t charge, you may need to replace the Lightning connector.
What do you do when your Samsung wont turn on?
Force Restart Your Samsung Galaxy
A force restart will force your phone to turn off and then back on again. This type of restart won’t affect the data on your phone. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button on your Samsung Galaxy for 10–20 seconds to force restart it.
Why my phone suddenly turned off?
Sometimes an app can cause software instability, which will make the phone power itself off. … Uninstall any task manager or battery saver apps. Check if the phone only powers itself off when using a specific app or when performing a certain task. Make sure all of your apps are up to date in the Play Store app.
How do you take the battery out of an Android phone?
From the USB port (located on the bottom edge), gently lift then remove the battery cover. Align the gold battery contacts with the contacts in the battery compartment then gently press the battery into place. From the notch in lower edge of the battery compartment, lift then remove the battery.
How do you revive a dead phone?
How to Revive a Dead Android Phone
- However, there is a way to revive a dead Android phone!
- Plug in the Charger.
- Send a Text to Wake it up.
- Pull the Battery.
- Use Recovery Mode to Wipe the Phone.
- Time to Contact the Manufacturer.
Why is my phone screen black?
Plug in phone, wait five minutes, and then try to do a Force Restart. This ensure the phone has enough power to restart, and restarting could clear any errors that might be affecting the screen. If possible, remove the battery, wait 30 seconds or more, and then reinstall the battery and start your phone.
How do you hard reset an Android phone?
Turn off the phone and then press and hold the Volume Up key and Power key simultaneously until the Android system recover screen appears. Use the Volume Down key to highlight the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then use the Power button to make the selection.