How do you select multiple texts on Android?
Just tap and hold on the thread and the SELECT boxes will appear. Alternatively, you can hit the menu button while in thread view and tap SELECT. If you’re using the stock messaging app, you can do that with threads but not individual messages inside the thread.
How do I bulk delete text messages?
How to Delete Multiple Android Messages at the Same Time
- Open the Messages app.
- Select a chat thread.
- Long-press on a message to highlight it.
- Tap any additional messages you wish to remove.
- Tap the trash can icon from the menu bar at the top of the app screen to delete the messages.
How do I delete more than one text message at a time?
If you wish to delete all of your threads at once, tap the menu button again and tap Select all. Then tap Delete.
How do you delete old text messages on Android?
- Launch the ‘Text Messages’ app on your Android device.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ option at top right corner of the screen.
- Now choose ‘Settings’ option.
- A drop down list will appear, choose “Delete old messages” option.
How do you select multiple messages on Samsung?
To select multiple e-mail messages in Gmail for Android, you have to tap the tiny check boxes to the left of each message. If you miss the check box and tap the message instead, the message launches and you have to go back to the conversation list and try again.
Why can’t I delete text messages?
Go to Settings, Apps, Apps Manager (or All), find you SMS app. Do a force stop, clear cache and clear data. Exit settings and reboot. that may help.
How do you delete all messages on Samsung?
Delete Messages – Samsung Galaxy S® 5
Tap the desired message(s). To delete all messages, tap 0 selected (located in the upper left). Tap Done (located in the upper right). Tap Delete to confirm.
How do you delete multiple messages on message plus?
- Open the Message+ app .
- Select a conversation.
- Touch and hold a message then tap Delete Messages.
- Select (check) the desired messages then tap the Delete icon. (upper-right). To delete all messages, tap All (upper-right).
- Tap Delete to confirm.
How do I delete all texts from one person?
To delete a conversation, just swipe left on a conversation and tap delete. To delete an individual message, open up a conversation, and tap and hold the specific message until you see “More…” appear on the screen. Select delete to delete the message, or you can remove the entire conversation.
How do I delete messages on my Android phone?
1 Delete a Message
- Open Messages.
- Locate the conversation that has the message you want to delete then tap on it.
- Touch and hold the message you want to delete.
- Tap the trash can to delete the message.
- Tap Delete on the confirmation prompt.
How do you delete text history on Samsung 20?
Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G / Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G – Delete Messages
- From a Home screen, swipe up from the center of the display to access the apps screen. …
- Tap Messages . …
- From the Inbox, tap the Menu icon. …
- Select the message(s). …
- Tap the Delete all. …
- To confirm, tap Move to Trash.
How do I permanently delete text messages from my Android?
Unfortunately, Android Messages doesn’t allow for multiple messages to be deleted this way at once. Instead, you’ll need to long-press one message, then tap the other messages and hit the trash can icon.
How do you delete text messages on Android without opening them?
You can try this. Open your msg app and in the list of text messages press & hold on the one you want to delete. It should appear a little menu with a delete option or maybe there’ll be a bin icon top right.
How long do text messages stay on android phone?
Tap Settings, Messages, then scroll down and tap Keep Messages (under the Message History heading). Go ahead and decide how long you’d like to keep old text messages before they’re deleted: for 30 days, a whole year, or forever and ever. In case you’re wondering, no—there aren’t any custom settings.
How do you delete a text message without deleting the whole conversation?
If you don’t want to eliminate the entire conversation, you can delete messages singly or in a bunch.
- Open the Messages app.
- Scroll through your messages until you find the conversation you want to delete messages from, and tap on it.
- Find the message you want to delete, and then tap and hold it for about three seconds.