How do I change my location on Android?
For more info on Android GPS location settings, see this support page.
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Location. …
- If available, tap Location.
- Ensure the Location switch is set to on .
- Tap ‘Mode’ or ‘Locating method’ then select one of the following: …
- If presented with a Location consent prompt, tap Agree.
How do I change my current location?
Add, change, or delete a location
- On your Android phone or tablet, say “Hey Google, open Assistant settings.” Or, go to Assistant settings.
- Tap You. Your places.
- Add, change, or delete an address.
Why is my location wrong on my Android phone?
Go to Settings and look for the option named Location and ensure that your location services are ON. Now the first option under Location should be Mode, tap on it and set it to High accuracy. This uses your GPS as well as your Wi-Fi and mobile networks to estimate your location.
How do I reset my location on Android?
You can reset your GPS on your Android phone by following the steps below:
- Open Chrome.
- Tap on Settings (the 3 vertical dots on the top right)
- Tap on Site Settings.
- Make sure that settings for Location is set to “Ask First”
- Tap on Location.
- Tap on All Sites.
- Scroll down to ServeManager.
- Tap on Clear and Reset.
How do I set my phone location somewhere else?
Faking GPS Location on Android Smartphones
Go to the Google’s Play store, then download and install the app named Fake GPS Location – GPS Joystick. Launch the app and scroll down to the section titled Select an option to get started. Tap the Set Location option. Tap the Click here to open the map option.
How do I change my Google location settings?
You can control if your browser is able to use location at all.
- On your Android device, open the Settings app .
- Tap Location. App permission.
- Tap on your browser app, like Chrome.
- Choose location access for the browser app: Allow or Deny.
How do I change my location on Samsung?
1 Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the notification panel. 2 Tap the Location icon to activate or deactivate. Please note: You can also switch location on and off via the Settings menu. The location of the setting will be different depending on your device or operating system.
Why does my phone location show somewhere else?
When you are travelling from one place to another due to low signal of your mobile network, Google maps may show wrong location. To avoid this and get to know the exact location you must enable the High accuracy mode on your Android phone.
Why is location not correct?
On Android: On your phone, go to Settings, then “Connections” or “Advanced Settings” Find “Location”, and make sure your location mode you have turned on – “high accuracy” mode is best, with “battery saver” the next best choice; “device only” is not recommended, as this only uses GPS which only works outside.
Why is my phone location incorrect?
Just open Settings and tap General -> Reset -> Reset Location & Privacy. You’ll need to enter your iPhone passcode to reset your Location Services. This will change your location and privacy settings back to the way they were when you first got your iPhone. Do this, and then try using an app like Maps or Weather again.
What do I do if my location is wrong?
Tap Menu > Settings > Device > Test location
If your location or app settings are not correct, you will be prompted with details of the issue and a button to correct the issue and refresh your location.