Samsung Galaxy Tab S and Tab S2 receive December security patch from Verizon. Both the devices are bonded with US biggest carrier Verizon, these latest security updates also carry multiple improvements in over all firmware too. The build number for Verizon Tab S model SM-T807V is VRS1CPL1 by combining the model number along build you get the complete build T807VVRS1CPL1. The other device Verizon Tab S2 carries build number T817VVRS2BPL1, if you haven’t received the OTA knock at your device give a manual check, go to Setting >> About device >> Software updates.
How to install the security updates on Verizon Tab S and Tab S2 via Kies/Odin
You can also update via Kies/Odin as well, below we have posted the complete process to update your device via Samsung Kies as well as Odin. Odin flashable tar would take sometime until we get our hands on it, so we recommend you update your device on latest firmware via OTA or Kies. Odin flashable method is also defined for your ease, we will update the link soon.
How to update Verizon Tab S on T807VVRS1CPL1 via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Verizon Tab S on Marshmallow based T807VVRS1CPL1 using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
If this process doesn’t helped you, proceed further to manually update your Verizon Tab S on latest firmware via Odin.
How to install T817VVRS2BPL1 firmware on Verizon Tab S2 manually via ODIN
First you need to download the firmware and then follow the guide below to update your device.
Gives us your feed back on how did you find our guide for updating Verizon Tab S/S2 on Marshmallow based security update. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter and like our Google+ community for future update.