Official Android 7.0 Nougat update for Galaxy Note 5 N920W8 is released. The Nougat update for Galaxy Note 5 N920W8 carries build number N920W8VLU4CQC9 and rolls out via OTA (Over-The-Air). If you own Galaxy Note 5 N920W8 then head towards Settings >> About Phone > Check for the firmware updates. If this process didn’t help you try the Kies method as mentioned below along with Odin process as well.
The stock Nougat for Galaxy Note 5 N920W8 also carries latest security patch along multiple improvements and new features in the firmware. Now follow the instructions below to update your Galaxy Note 5 N920W8 on N920W8VLU4CQC9 Nougat firmware.
Nougat Firmware details:
Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Android Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
Build Number: N920W8VLU4CQC9
Below are the two firmware update methods you can follow to update your Galaxy Note 5 N920W8 on N920W8VLU4CQC9 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
How to update Galaxy Note 5 N920W8 on N920W8VLU4CQC9 Android 7.0 Nougat via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Galaxy Note 5 N920W8 on Android 7.0 Nougat using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
How to update Galaxy Note 5 N920W8 to Android 7.0 N920W8VLU4CQC9 Nougat via Odin
Before you begin:
Download and install latest USB drivers for Samsung on PC.
Enter download mode on your device by following this guide.
Once in Download mode then follow this guide for further instructions.
Download the official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Galaxy Note 5 N920W8. Download