Official Android 7.0 Nougat update rolls out for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928P users in US. The Nougat update for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus carries build number G928PVPU3DQC5 and should be rolling out via OTA (Over-The-Air). If you own Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928P then head towards Settings >> About Phone > Check for the firmware updates. If this process didn’t help you try the Kies method as mentioned below along with Odin process as well.
The stock Nougat for S6 Edge Plus also carries latest security patch along multiple improvements and new features in the firmware. Now follow the instructions below to update your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928P on G928PVPU3DQC5 Nougat firmware.
Nougat Firmware details:
Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (Sprint)
Android Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
Build Number: G928PVPU3DQC5
Below are the two firmware update methods you can follow to update your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus on G928PVPU3DQC5 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
How to update Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928P to Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA (Over The Air) method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus on G928PVPU3DQC5 firmware. You can use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative methods like Kies. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash the latest update anytime later.
How to update Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928P on G928PVPU3DQC5 Android 7.0 Nougat via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus on Android 7.0 Nougat using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
How to update Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928P to Android 7.0 G928PVPU3DQC5 Nougat via Odin
Before you begin:
Download and install latest USB drivers for Samsung on PC.
Enter download mode on your device by following this guide.
Once in Download mode then follow this guide for further instructions.
Gives us your feed back if you have updated Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928P on Android 7.0 Nougat based G928PVPU3DQC5 firmware. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter and like our Google+ community for future update.
Download the official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928P. Download [Link will be active soon]