Google has released the factory images for LG Google Nexus 5X build number MDA89E, MDA89F and MDB08I. In this tutorial we are going to guide you on how to manually install these factory images on LG Nexus 5X, Google has released these latest factory images for both of it’s latest flagships Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X. In the previous guide we have posted the tutorial to flash the factory images on Nexus 6P and in this guide using the same process we will update MDA89E, MDA89F and MDB08I factory images on Nexus 5X. These updates are also available via OTA first you can also check that way via OTA, go to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Google servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later. If this method doesn’t work for you follow the below description. To update your Nexus device manually, you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
How to update MDA89E, MDA89F & MDB08I factory images on Nexus 5X
Before you Begin:
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
- Download USB drivers for Nexus.
- Your device bootloader should be unlock or Follow our guide
Download MDA89E, MDA89F and MDB08I factory images for Nexus 5X from the link provided below.
Download MDA89E factory image for Nexus 5X
Download MDB08I factory image for Nexus 5X
Download MDA89F factory image for Nexus 5X
Once done with the pre-requisite files and tools needed in the installation process then just go ahead and follow the below simple steps. The process is very simple all you have to do is just follow the below simple steps to install MDA89E, MDA89F and MDB08I factory images on Nexus 5X
- Extract any one of the MDA89E, MDA89F and MDB08I factory image file you have downloaded earlier.
- Turn of your device & reboot into bootloader mode, to do so press and hold the Volume down + Power button at the same time until you see a screen with fastboot written on the top.
- Once your device reboots into bootloader mode, now open any one of the extracted firmware folder.
- Now connect your device to PC during fastboot and run the “flash-all script” file present in the same folder.
- The installation process will take some and when it is completed you will be notified.
Also read: Root and install TWRP recovery on Nexus 5X
That’ it! You have successfully updated your Nexus 5X to the latest MDA89E, MDA89F and MDB08I factory image. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.