Thunderztech.com brought an amazing news for the users of AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A. Finally after a long wait Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G925AUCU3BOI2 firmware for AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A is now available, the G925AUCU3BOI2 update is rolling out via OTA and you can easily update your device by following our guide below. The update is packed with multiple improvements including Samsung Pay launch and more. The change log described many other security features including fix for Stagefright security fix to fight against Stagefright vulnerability.
Samsung has already provided it’s popular devices an now it’s AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A turn to receive the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update. If you have made your mind and ready to go ahead for updating your device to latest firmware then just follow the below description we have mentioned three method to update AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for your ease.
G925AUCU3BOI2 firmware details:
Model Name: AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge
Version:Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Samsung devices can be updated to latest firmware by using three different firmware update methods. You can follow any one of them you find easy but every firmware update process has some limitations and requirements . Below are the three firmware update methods you can follow to update your AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
How to update AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via OTA method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. You use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative methods like Kies or Odin. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later.
How to update AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
If this process doesn’t helped you, proceed further to manually update your AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge to latest firmware via Odin. Odin is a third party tool use to update the device firmware, this is an official manual way to update the device firmware if the above two methods doesn’t work for you.
How to update AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A manually using ODIN
To update your AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A via Odin tools you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Download and Extract Odin 3.10.6
Download Samsung USB drivers
Before you Begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes installation procedure of Samsung’s Stock firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
Download and Extract Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware file specified for your device from the below provided links.
- Download G925AUCU3BOI2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Process to manually update AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G925AUCU3BOI2 Firmware
If you are new to this tool then you have to pay attention on the step by step sequence to avoid any mishap during the update process.
- Click the Odin icon to run the Odin flash tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode by turning off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button+Volume Down +Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to pc via USB cable.
- If everything goes well Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- Now click the AP tab and select the firmware file (tar.md5) that you have downloaded and extracted earlier.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the firmware update process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully update your AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925A to G925AUCU3BOI2 firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you feel any type of difficulty during the update process, please let us know by posting your queries in the below comment box. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.