If you own a Lenovo Vibe K5 or K5 Plus then you can now update your device on Android 7.0 Nougat via UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 14 ROM. The process to install the ROM is mentioned below all you need is to follow each step carefully to avoid any issues. Once you install the CM14 Nougat ROM on your Lenovo K5/K5 Plus then you can experience the latest firmware with redesigned interface and updated features on your device. The ROM is working fine but don’t consider it to be 100% stable and it’s the initial release and you’ll find the stable firmware in the near future with upcomg builds.
The Unofficial CyanogenMod 14 ROM is easy to install, all you need is working TWRP recovery installed on your device, or if you don’t have that nothing to worry simply follow the below guide where you’ll find steps to install TWRP recovery on your device to firmware installation. We have posted CM14 related guide on other devices by using the same process you can have overview of them as well as the process is almost same. One more thing we must clear before proceeding that, the unofficial CyanogenMod 14 ROM is not a Stock firmware by Lenovo but it’s a custom firmware so think verify this before proceeding.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Lenovo Vibe K5 and K5 Plus via CyanogenMod 14 ROM
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%
- Download Lenovo USB drivers, necessary for PC-Android connection (if your device is not detected by the computer)
- Download and install latest TWRP on Lenovo Vibe K5 or visit our recovery section and choose your device.
- Backup your important data or follow this guide to create a Nandroid Backup of your device. (This will create a backup of your complete device including current firmware, if something goes wrong you can restore your previous firmware
Process to install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Lenovo Vibe K5 and K5 Plus
Note: The Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Lenovo K5 and K5 Plus is currently in the testing stages so you may experience some bugs but most of the features are working fine. You can visit the XDA page for more information about the ROM but if you are interested to install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on your Lenovo K5 and K5 Plus then just go ahead and follow the below description.
- Download the ROM file from the link provided below along Google Apps(gapps) package as well.
- Connect your device to your PC and copy the both ROM and google apps zip files onto your device storage.
- If you have download the ROM using your Phone then no need to perform the step 2.
- Turn of your device and boot into TWRP custom Recovery menu by the hardware keys combination or using any third party app (Mostly found in Play store).
- Once your device enters into TWRP recovery, create a Nandroid backup of your device or follow our guide to create a Nandroid backup (this will create a backup of your complete device including current firmware) if something goes wrong you can restore your previous firmware.
- Once the Nandroid process completes, tap on “Wipe” and then swipe the slider from left to right to begin the wipe process (This will reset your device to factory)
- Now it’s the time to flash the Android Nougat firmware on your device. Choose install and navigate to the folder in which you have copied the Nougat zip file
- Swipe across the slider to confirm install, wait for a few minutes till the file is completely installed in your device.
- Once done with the above step, now apply the same process with the installation of gapps.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once completed Reboot your device.
Note: If your device stuck at boot logo or taking longer then 7-10 minutes then follow this guide to fix this issue
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 7.0 Nougat via CyanogenMod 14 ROM on Lenovo K5 and K5 Plus. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.