Samsung has rolled out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J500FNXXU1AOG5 firmware update for Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN. We are here at Thunderztech.com to help you update your Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN to the latest firmware, this update is specifically released for the Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN and available to download as OTA. If you are feeling difficulty or confused how to update your device to latest firmware don’t worry follow the below guide we are going to show you how to update your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J500FNXXU1AOG5.
Samsung is releasing multiple firmware updates for several devices on almost daily basis and every new firmware update may contains minor improvements, bug fixes or some new features may be added so we recommend you to keep your Android device up to date regarding firmware updates. Below you can find information about your device model number and the firmware information.
J500FNXXU1AOG5 firmware details:
Model Name:Samsung Galaxy J5
Version:Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Samsung devices can be updated to latest firmware by using three different firmware update methods. You can follow any one of them you find easy but every firmware update process has some limitations and requirements . Below are the three firmware update methods you can follow to update your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
How to update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN via OTA method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. You can use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative methods like Kies or Odin. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later.
How to update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
If this process doesn’t helped you, proceed further to manually update your Samsung Galaxy J5 to latest firmware via Odin. Odin is a third party tool use to update the device firmware, this is an official manual way to update the device firmware if the above two methods doesn’t work for you.
How to update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN Manually using ODIN
To update your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN via Odin tools you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Before you Begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
Download and Extract Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J500FNXXU1AOG5 firmware file from the below provided links.
- Download J500FNXXU1AOG5 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Greece)
- Download J500FNXXU1AOG5 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Spain)
Process to update your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
If you are new to this tool then you have to pay attention on the step by step sequence to avoid any mishap during the update process.
- Click Odin3.09.exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode by turning off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button+Volume Down +Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- If everything goes well Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the odin screen.
- Now click the AP tab and select the firmware file that you have downloaded and extracted earlier.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once the firmware update process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box (as shown).
- Your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully update your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN to latest firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.