Google Nexus 6P is the latest device by the Huawei. The device is packed with powerful hardware and decent specification, Quad-core processor along 3 GB of RAM on board and running on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware. Further you can get more out of it’s powerful hardware by unlocking it’s bootloader, the unlocked device is welcomed by the customization environment in which you can install custom recovery, root and perform tweaking as well.
The bootloader unlock process is simple as compared to other devices all you need to do is just type a single command and it will unlock the bootloader. But one thing you should keep in mind before starting the unlock process, you data will be wiped and the Android Pay app will no longer be accessible, it will also void the warranty. If you already aware of these risks, then just go ahead and start the unlock process.
What you can do once you unlock bootloader of Huawei Nexus 6P
Unlocking the bootloader of Huawei Google Nexus 6P may void the warranty but once it is unlocked you can pass through a gateway to perform multiple operation which includes the root and custom recovery, having root access on your device lets you to be the administrator of your device and allow you to make modifications and customization in your Android device.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes unlocking bootloader of Huawei Google Nexus 6P. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 70%
In the Developer options check the “Enable oem unlock” option.
Download these files:
How to unlock Bootloader of Huawei Nexus 6P
Just follow these simple steps to unlock bootloader of Google Nexus 6P easily
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- Open the adb-and-fastboot folder you extracted earlier.
- Inside adb-and-fastboot folder, press SHIFT and Right-Click on an empty space inside the same folder.
- Click on Open command prompt here and enter the following command to boot your device into bootloader mode.
“adb reboot bootloader”
- You device will reboot to bootloader mode then type the following command in the command window to unlock the bootloader of Huawei Nexus 6P
“fastboot oem unlock”
- A warning screen will ask you to confirm the bootloader unlock, press Vol up to confirm.
- Your device bootloader will be unlocked and will wipe all the data present on the device storage.
That’ it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of Huawei Nexus 6P. If you have any query feel free to contact us.