Welcome to thunderztech.com, in this detailed tutorial we are going show you the process to install TWRP recovery and root ZTE Axon 7. The over all process is not very complex so just carry on along with the guide to root and install TWRP recovery on ZTE Axon 7. There are multiple benefits of rooting along TWRP recovery installed on your device including you can install Xposed Framework, mods and Custom ROMs to enhance user experience. So just go ahead and follow the step by step process to install TWRP custom recovery and root ZTE Axon 7.
How to Root and install TWRP recovery on ZTE Axon 7
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download these files:
- Download ZTE USB drivers.
- Download and Extract adb fastboot.
- Download TWRP Recovery for ZTE Axon 7
- Download SuperSU
Process to install TWRP recovery on ZTE Axon 7
Just follow the below simple steps in sequence to install TWRP recovery on ZTE Axon 7.
Extract the downloaded TWRP recovery file and rename in to recovery.img
Now connect your device to the PC using USB cable.
Open the adb-and-fastboot folder you extracted earlier and copy the TWRP recovery inside the adb-and-fastboot folder.
Inside adb-and-fastboot folder, press SHIFT and Right-Click on an empty space inside the same folder.
Click on Open command prompt here as shown in picture below.
Now enter the following command to boot your device into bootloader mode,
“adb reboot bootloader”
Then type the following command to flash TWRP recovery in your device,
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
Wait for the process to complete.
Once you have successfully installed TWRP recovery now its time to root your ZTE Axon 7.
How to root ZTE Axon 7 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Just follow the below steps in sequence to obtain root access on your ZTE Axon 7.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the SuperSU.zip in the internal memory of your ZTE Axon 7.
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or by typing the following command.
” adb reboot recovery “
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select the SuperSU.zip file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
That’s it, you have successfully installed TWRP recovery & rooted your ZTE Axon 7. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.