In this tutorial we are here at Thunderztech.com to help you on how to root Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop stock update. Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 is the successor of Galaxy S3 and one of the most sold device in the market still you can see a lot of these devices are being used all over the world. Samsung has provided Android Lollipop firmware update to the devices including latest flagships & the devices like Galaxy S4 LTE. Now users are searching ways to root their Galaxy S4 LTE running the newer firmware version.
Android 5.0.2 Lollipop brought much improved features and improvements. By gaining root access you take administrative control of your Android device and lets you enhance your device performance and can add more tweaks and mod by gaining root access on your device, rooting gives you the access to the deepest cores of the Android System. You can make changing in your system files, install custom recovery to flash custom ROMs or mods and much more. Before we proceed and start the rooting process lets have a look at benefits of rooted device.
Benefits of Rooting Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Overclock CPU frequency: By gaining root access on your device you can overclock the CPU frequency for example, if your device has maximum of 1000Mhz processor speed you can enhance it too 1200Mhz and you can feel a difference in performance. But it is not always recommended to overclock CPU more then it’s maximum power.
Bloatware kill: Rooting allows you to remove non usable pre-installed apps by provided by device manufacturer. Removing these apps will give you more RAM and free storage space.
Battery Life Enhancement: You can stop/ remove the unwanted back-end services permanently, because it always keeps the processor awake which results in much battery drain.
Custom Rom: You can install a custom firmware only on a rooted device because some software demands a rooted device to flash a custom recovery (a software use to flash custom ROM in a device).
Modification in System: Rooting allows you modify the system settings and add or remove the system files. Advance file explorers with an ability to gain root access are used in this operation, even you can also made the third party apps permanent in the system files directory.
Now let’s move forward and follow the tutorial to root your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download these files:
How to root Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 running Stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
Just follow the below steps in sequence to obtain root on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505.
- Click Odin3.09.exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode, to do so turn off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to pc via USB cable.
- If everything goes well Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- In Odin click the AP tab and select the CF-Auto-root file for your device.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
Your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 has been successfully rooted. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.