Good news for the users of T-Mobile Galaxy S6 & T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge now you can root your devices running on official firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Samsung has recently released official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for both of these two devices and now root package is also available to root your T-Mobile Galaxy S6/S6 Edge without tripping the KNOX on official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The root method is pretty simple and you are going to use the Odin tool to flash the files necessary to get root access on your device.
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop brought much improved features and improvements. You can enhance your device performance and add more tweaks and mod by gaining root access on your device, rooting gives you the access to the deepest cores of the Android System. Before we proceed and start the rooting process lets have a look at benefits of rooted device.
Benefits of Rooting T-Mobile Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge
Overclock CPU frequency: By gaining root access on your device you can overclock the CPU frequency for example, if your device has maximum of 1000Mhz processor speed you can enhance it too 1200Mhz and you can feel a difference in performance. But it is not always recommended to overclock CPU more then it’s maximum power.
Bloatware kill: Rooting allows you to remove non usable pre-installed apps by provided by device manufacturer. Removing these apps will give you more RAM and free storage space.
Battery Life Enhancement: You can stop/ remove the unwanted back-end services permanently, because it always keeps the processor awake which results in much battery drain.
Custom Rom: You can install a custom firmware only on a rooted device because some software demands a rooted device to flash a custom recovery (a software use to flash custom ROM in a device).
Modification in System: Rooting allows you modify the system settings and add or remove the system files. Advance file explorers with an ability to gain root access are used in this operation, even you can also made the third party apps permanent in the system files directory.
Now let’s move forward and follow the tutorial to root your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 / Galaxy S6 Edge without tripping the KNOX.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download these files:
- Download Odin 3.09
- Download Samsung USB drivers
- Download sboot.bin (T-Mobile Galaxy S6 G920T)
- Download sboot.bin (T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge G925T)
- Download SuperSu v2.49
- Download UniKernel
How to root T-Mobile Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge on Official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Just follow the below steps in sequence to obtain root on your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
- Click Odin3.09.exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode, to do so turn off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to pc via USB cable.
- If everything goes well Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- In Odin click the BL Tab, select the sboot.bin file for your device and hit Start button.
- Now click the AP tab and select the UniKernel file.
Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
Your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it! Your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge has been successfully rooted without tripping the KNOX. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.