In this guide we are going to share the procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H on G800HXXU1BOI2 firmware (Android 5.1.1 Lollipop). Fortunately the root package for Galaxy S5 Mini is now available and users who already updated their devices on G800HXXU1BOI2 firmware can easily root their device using our guide here at Thunderztech.com.
By gaining root access you take administrative control of your Android device and lets you enhance your device performance and can add more tweaks and mod by gaining root access on your device, rooting gives you the access to the deepest cores of the Android System. Before we proceed and start the rooting process lets have a look at benefits of rooted device.
Benefits of Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H
Overclock CPU frequency: By gaining root access on your device you can overclock the CPU frequency for example, if your device has maximum of 1000 MHz processor speed you can enhance it too 1200 MHz and you can feel a difference in performance. But it is not always recommended to overclock CPU more then it’s maximum power.
Bloatware kill: Rooting allows you to remove non usable pre-installed apps by provided by device manufacturer. Removing these apps will give you more RAM and free storage space.
Modification in System: Rooting allows you modify the system settings and add or remove the system files. Advance file explorers with an ability to gain root access are used in this operation, even you can also made the third party apps permanent in the system files directory.
Now let’s move forward and follow the tutorial to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download these files:
How to root Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini on G800HXXU1BOI2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Just follow the below steps in sequence to obtain root on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H.
- Click Odin3.10 exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode, to do so turn off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- If everything goes well Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- In Odin click the AP tab and select the Custom Kernel file for your device.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
Now from here you need to flash the SuperSU.zip file using TWRP recovery, if you don’t have a TWRP recovery, just go to this link and grab the TWRP recovery for Galaxy S5 Mini and flash it using the above tutorial as you have flashed custom kernel using Odin. (click on AP tab and this time you will select the TWRP recovery file)
Once you have flashed TWRP recovery in your device, now enter recovery mode on your device by pressing and holding Vol up+Home+Power button simultaneously.
Once your device boot into recovery select the SuperSU.zip file and flash it.
Reboot your device now.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H has been successfully rooted. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.