In this tutorial we are here at Thunderztech.com to help you on how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9301I on Android 4.4.2 Lollipop stock update. Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9301I is the upgraded version of I9300I, nothing different except the processor clocked at 1.2 to 1.4 GHz quad core rest of the specifications are almost same. Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I93001I recently updated to Android 4.4.2 firmware and users are now looking for the easiest method to root Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I93001I on latest firmware. Stock firmware is always un-rooted and if you have previously rooted your device upgrading the firmware loses the root access. Fortunately CF-Auto-root package is now available for Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I93001I on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
By gaining root access you take administrative control of your Android device and lets you enhance your device performance and can add more tweaks and mod by gaining root access on your device, rooting gives you the access to the deepest cores of the Android System. Before we proceed and start the rooting process lets have a look at benefits of rooted device.
Benefits of Rooting Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9301I
Overclock CPU frequency: By gaining root access on your device you can overclock the CPU frequency for example, if your device has maximum of 1000 MHz processor speed you can enhance it too 1200 MHz and you can feel a difference in performance. But it is not always recommended to overclock CPU more then it’s maximum power.
Bloatware kill: Rooting allows you to remove non usable pre-installed apps by provided by device manufacturer. Removing these apps will give you more RAM and free storage space.
Modification in System: Rooting allows you modify the system settings and add or remove the system files. Advance file explorers with an ability to gain root access are used in this operation, even you can also made the third party apps permanent in the system files directory.
Now let’s move forward and follow the tutorial to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9301I.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download these files:
How to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9301I on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Just follow the below steps in sequence to obtain root on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9301I.
- Click Odin3.10 exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode, to do so turn off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to pc via USB cable.
- If everything goes well Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- In Odin click the AP tab and select the CF-Auto-root file for your device.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9301I has been successfully rooted. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.