In this guide we are going to show you how to root Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware on AT&T Galaxy Note 3. The guide is simple but you have to pay attention on each and every step to avoid any issue during the flashing or rooting process. AT&T Galaxy Note 3 received Android 5.0 Lollipop N900AUCUEOC1 firmware but proper root package to root AT&T Galaxy Note 3 is still not available so in this guide we will downgrade your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 from Android 5.0 Lollipop to Android 4.4.2 KitKat so that you can root your device and enjoy endless benefits of rooting your Galaxy Note 3.
Well it sounds weird to downgrade your device but benefits of downgrading the AT&T Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat is that you can root & install Safestrap recovery on your Galaxy Note 3. Once you root your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware then you will be able to update your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 on Android 5.0 Lollipop without losing root access. So let’s go ahead and follow the below guide to update AT&T Galaxy N0te 3 on Android 5.0 Lollipop without losing root access.
First of all if you have already update your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.0 Lollipop OC1 firmware then follow the below guide to downgrade your Note 3 to KitKat firmware.
How to downgrade AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat N900AUCUCNC2 firmware manually using ODIN
Before you Begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which includes flashing Stock ROMS, Custom ROMs, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Download and Extract Odin 3.09
- Download Samsung USB drivers
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
Download and Extract Android 4.4.2 KitKat N900AUCUCNC2 firmware file from the below provided link.
Download N900AUCUCNC2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware
Process to update your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A on N900AUCUCNC2 firmware
If you are new to this tool then you have to pay attention on the step by step sequence to avoid any mishap during the update process.
- Click Odin3.09.exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode by turning off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button+Volume Down +Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- If everything goes well Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- Now click the AP tab and select the “N900AUCUCNC2_Full_Odin_Tar.tar ” firmware file that you have downloaded and extracted above.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once the firmware update process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box (as shown).
- Your device will automatically reboot.
This will update your device firmware to Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware, now it’s time to root your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, just follow the below described procedure.
How to root and install SafeStrap recovery on your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A
- Download the towelroot apk and install it as normal apk file on your Galaxy Note 3
- Open the app drawer and launch the towelroot App, then click on “make it ra1n” button.
- This will root your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 on Android KitKat, now go to Google Play and install SuperSU app.
- Update the SuperSU binaries as Normal not in recovery and disable KNOX.
- Now install Busybox App from Google Play and grant it root permission.
- Download Safestrap recovery apk and install it on your device.
- Open Safestarp recovery app, allow root permission then click Install Recovery.
You have successfully rooted & installed Safestrap recovery on your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A, now head toward last process to flash rooted Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware on your device.
Process to update Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware on your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A
- Copy the downloaded “SM-N900A_OC1_Lollipop_Rooted_Rom.zip” file in your device sdcard.
- Open the App drawer on your Note 3 and launch the Safestrap App then tap on reboot recovery.
- Once in recovery, tap wipe and wipe the partition except the one where you have copied the SM-N900A_OC1_Lollipop_Rooted_Rom.zip.
- Now go back and choose Install to flash the SM-N900A_OC1_Lollipop_Rooted_Rom.zip.
- Once the installation process completes hit Reboot system.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A on Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware.