Thunderztech.com brought an amazing news for the owners of Samsung Galaxy J5 model SM-J500H. If you have updated your device on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock firmware then root method for Galaxy J5 on Marshmallow is also available now, this time root method is diffrernt from the previous one that uses CF-Auto-root. In this guide you have to flash the TWRP recovery on your device and then install the SuperSU root package from it to root your Galaxy J5 J500H. Credit goes to an XDA developer for providing TWRP UNOFFICIAL recovery and root method.
TWRP recovery has a User friendly interface and convenient to use even for the beginners. If you are an experienced user then well & good, you will never find any confusion in the installation process but if you are new to the flashing process then you have to pay full attention on the step by step guide to successfully install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy J5 SM-J500H. Then using the TWRP recovery you would flash the root files to get root access on your device, everything is mentioned below.
There are multiple thing you can perform with custom recovery some of them are described below.
How to root and install TWRP recovery on Galaxy J5 SM-J500H running Marshmallow firmware
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 70%
Download these files:
Process to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy J5 SM-J500H on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Just follow the below steps to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy J5 SM-J500H
- Click Odin3.10.exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode, to do so turn off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- If you have installed USB drivers for your device properly then you will never face any problem regarding device-Odin connection, Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Options Tab in Odin screen.
- In Odin click the AP tab and select the TWRP recovery TAR file.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
How to Root Galaxy J5 SM-J500H on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Connect your device to PC and Copy the download SuperSU zip file on the internal storage of device.
Turn off your device completely.
Now turn it on again by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power up simultaneously until your device boot into recently installed TWRP recovery.
In the recovery menu tap install and select the SuperSU.zip and flash it and then reboot your device.
Download TWRP recovery for Galaxy J5 SM-J500H tar file
That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery and rooted your Galaxy J5 SM-J500H running Marshmallow firmware. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below comment section.