Thunderztech.com brought an amazing news for the users of Sprint Note 5 N920P. Sprint has already released Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow VPU2BPC3 firmware for Galaxy Note 5 N920P, if you haven’t updated your device yet then follow this guide to update Sprint Note 5 on VPU2BPC3 firmware. Now once you have updated your device on latest firmware then you might be looking for the easiest way to install TWRP recovery and root your Sprint Note 5, luckily in this guide we have mentioned the complete tutorial to install TWRP recovery and root Sprint Galaxy Note 5 on VPU2BPC3 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware.
TWRP recovery has a User friendly interface and convenient to use even for the beginners. If you are an experienced user then well & good, you will never find any confusion in the installation process but if you are new to the flashing process then you have to pay full attention on the step by step guide to successfully install TWRP recovery on your Sprint Note 5 N920P. Then using the TWRP recovery you would flash the root files to get root access on your device, everything is mentioned below.
There are multiple thing you can perform with custom recovery some of them are described below.
How to root and install TWRP recovery on Sprint Note 5 N920P running VPU2BPC3 Marshmallow firmware
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 70%
Download these files:
- Download Samsung USB drivers.
- Download and Extract Odin 3.10.6
- Download TWRP recovery for Sprint Note 5 N920P tar file
- Download SkyHigh Kernel
- Download SuperSU 2.65
Process to install TWRP recovery on Sprint Note 5 N920P
Just follow the below steps to install TWRP recovery on your Sprint Note 5 N920P
- Click Odin3.10.exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode, to do so turn off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- If you have installed USB drivers for your device properly then you will never face any problem regarding device-Odin connection, Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Options Tab in Odin screen.
- In Odin click the AP tab and select the TWRP recovery TAR file.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
How to Root Sprint Note 5 N920P on Android 6.0.1 VPU2BPC3 Marshmallow
Connect your device to PC and Copy the download SuperSU and SkyHigh kernel zip file on the internal storage of device.
Turn off your device completely.
Now turn it on again by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power up simultaneously until your device boot into recently installed TWRP recovery.
In the recovery menu tap install and select the SkyHigh Kernel.zip and flash it.
Now repeat the above step for the installation of SuperSU.zip and then reboot your device now.
That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery and rooted your Sprint Note 5 N920P. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below comment section.