In this tutorial we are going to show you how to Install TWRP Recovery & root Motorola Moto G 2013. TWRP recovery for Moto G 1st Gen is now available just download the recovery from the below provided link and install it using adb-fastboot. There are multiple benefits of rooting along TWRP recovery installed on your device like you can install Xposed Framework, mods and Custom ROMs to enhance user experience. So just go ahead and follow the step by step process to Install TWRP Recovery and root Moto G 2013 (1st Gen).
Now it’s time to start the process to install TWRP recovery & root Moto G 1st Gen.
How to Root and install TWRP recovery on Moto G 2013
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
- Your device bootloader should be unlocked or Click Here for Official Unlocking.
Download these files:
- Download Motorola USB drivers.
- Download and Extract adb fastboot.
- Download TWRP Recovery
- Download SuperSU
Process to install TWRP recovery on Moto G
Just follow the below simple steps in sequence to install TWRP recovery on Moto G.
Extract the downloaded TWRP recovery file and rename in to recovery.img
Now connect your device to the PC using USB cable.
Open the adb-and-fastboot folder you extracted earlier and copy the TWRP recovery inside the adb-and-fastboot folder.
Inside adb-and-fastboot folder, press SHIFT and Right-Click on an empty space inside the same folder.
Click on Open command prompt here as shown in picture below.
Now enter the following command to boot your device into bootloader mode,
“adb reboot bootloader”
Then type the following command to flash TWRP recovery in your device,
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
Wait for the process to complete.
Once you have successfully installed TWRP recovery now its time to root your Moto G.
Process to root Moto G
Just follow the below steps in sequence to obtain root access on your Moto G.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the SuperSU.zip in the internal memory of your Moto G.
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or by typing the following command.
” adb reboot recovery “
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select the SuperSU.zip file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
That’s it, you have successfully installed TWRP recovery & rooted your Moto G 1st Gen. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.