If you are frequent custom ROM changer or interested in performing modification in your device, then you should be well aware of the words root and custom recovery. In this guide we are going to to show you how to root and install CWM recovery on Xiaomi Mi 4, the process is super easy and you need single click to install CWM recovery on Xiaomi Mi 4. Further you have to flash the superSU package provided below to get root access on Xiaomi Mi 4.
There are multiple benefits of rooting along CWM recovery installed on your device like you can install Xposed Framework, mods and Custom ROMs to enhance user experience. So just go ahead and follow the step by step process to install CWM custom recovery and root Xiaomi Mi 4.
How to Root and install CWM recovery on Xiaomi Mi 4
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download these files:
Process to install CWM recovery on Xiaomi Mi 4
Just follow the below simple steps in sequence to install CWM recovery on Xiaomi Mi 4.
- Download and Extract the CWM recovery zip on your PC, you will get another folder in which you will see a file with .bat format.
- Now lets begin the process, turn off your device completely.
- Now turn it on again by pressing and holding VOL down + Power button simultaneously until you see fastboot mode.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Now click the .bat file in the extracted folder you will see a window and press 1.
- Wait for the process to complete, once done with the installation process reboot the device.
Once you have successfully installed CWM recovery now its time to root your Xiaomi Mi 4.
How to root Xiaomi Mi 4
Just follow the below steps in sequence to obtain root access on your Xiaomi Mi 4.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the SuperSU.zip in the internal memory of your Xiaomi Mi 4.
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or by typing the following command.
” adb reboot recovery “
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select the SuperSU.zip file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
That’s it, you have successfully installed CWM recovery & rooted your Xiaomi Mi 4. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.