Good news for users of Galaxy S5 SM-G900F, after Galaxy Note 4 Samsung mistakenly released stock Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Beta update for Galaxy S5. Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have already tasted the Marshmallow Beta updates but Galaxy S5 is not even in the list. But a users have already received the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on his Galaxy S5 and shared screenshot as you can see below. Now it’s your luck if you receive the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA update notification on your Galaxy S5 but we recommend you to try the OTA method at once.
The Marshmallow update for Galaxy Note 4 is packed with multiple new features including new rounded icons, fast animation speed and latest notification bar. The G900FXXU1COL4 firmware is based on stock TouchWiz based Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and is rolling out via OTA (Over-The-Air), the OTA notification will knock at your device anytime soon.
Samsung is rolling out firmware updates for most of the awaited devices on daily basis and we have posted guide on the firmware update process of these devices. In the following guide we are going to use the same process to update G900FXXU1COL4 firmware on Galaxy S5 SM-G900F, just go ahead and start the installation procedure below you can find the G900FXXU1COL4 firmware information.
G900FXXU1COL4 firmware details:
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S5
Version: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
How to update Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G900FXXU1COL4 via OTA (Over The Air) method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to G900FXXU1COL4 firmware. You can use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative methods like Kies or Odin. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash the latest update anytime later.
How to update Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on G900FXXU1COL4 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Beta via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
What to do if your device stuck in boot animation
This is an optional method if your device is taking longer and won’t boot and stuck on the Samsung logo for the duration of more then 10-15 minutes. This is bootloop or soft brick, you can perform the below described 2 steps to fix the bootloop. However the chances of getting sofbrick are rare after flashing Stock Firmware.
- Pull the battery out from your device and re-install it.
- Now boot your device into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up+Home+power buttons simultaneously.
- Once your device boot into recovery mode, from the main menu select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe
- Cache Partition then go back and select reboot system now. (Use volume keys to navigate)
If you successfully updated your device to G900FXXU1COL4 Stock Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Beta let us know or if you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.