In this you will be able to install Stagefright security fix LMY48I factory images on Google Nexus 10. The update is now live OTA (Over-The-Air) user can easily update their devices by the OTA method but there is an alternate method by which you can quickly update your Nexus 10 without waiting for the OTA to hit your device and that process is the manual way to update the device firmware. The update are very important to install because every new firmware has got some improvement and bug fixes so always keep your device updated regarding firmware.
In the latest update Google has worked a lot to make your device secure and protected against vulnerability attacks. This is the second security update after LMY48I with enhanced improvements to fix the Stagefright issue, Nexus user’s with their devices having unlocked bootloader can immediately flash the latest factory image on their Nexus device manually using Platform-tools in Android SDK. But first go ahead for a manual check for the OTA, go to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Google servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later. If this method doesn’t work for you follow the below description.
To update your Nexus device manually, you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Before you Begin:
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
- Download USB drivers for Nexus.
- Download Latest version of Android SDK
Download LMY48M factory Images for Nexus 10 from the link provided below.
Download LMY48M Factory Image for Nexus 10
How to update your Nexus 10 to LMY48M factory images
The process is very simple all you have to do is just follow the below simple steps to install LMY48M factory image on Nexus 10
- Extract the LMY48M factory image file you have downloaded earlier.
- Turn of your device & reboot into bootloader mode either by typing the following command using Platform-tools/ADB.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device reboots into bootloader mode, now run,
- The installation process will take some and when it is completed you will be notified.
That’ it! You have successfully updated your Nexus 10 to the latest LMY48M factory image. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.