In this guide you will be able to unlock bootloader of LG Nexus 5X in a few simple steps. LG Nexus 5X is the latest flagship device announced along Huawei Nexus 6P and both the devices got decent specification along powerful hardware. This is the first time Google collaborate with the Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei to build a next generation Nexus device. The device is running on the latest firmware Android 6.0 Marshmallow and further you can customize your device settings and looks according to you choice, if you are a skilled user then you better know about the importance of unlock bootloader and root etc.
The device with unlocked bootloader is ready to enter into the world of freedom and customization in Android OS. Then comes root and the custom recovery, these tools comes secondly but first an unlocked bootloader is the necessary thing after what you can install these tools. But one thing you should keep in mind before starting the unlock process, you data will be wiped and the Android Pay app will no longer be accessible, it will also void the warranty. If you already aware of these risks, then just go ahead and start the unlock process.
What you can do once you unlock bootloader of LG Nexus 5X
Unlocking the bootloader of LG Google Nexus 5X may void the warranty but once it is unlocked you can pass through a gateway to perform multiple operation which includes the root and custom recovery, having root access on your device lets you to be the administrator of your device and allow you to make modifications and customization in your Android device.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes unlocking bootloader of LG Nexus 5X. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 70%
In the Developer options check the “Enable oem unlock” option.
Download these files:
How to unlock Bootloader of LG Nexus 5X
Just follow these simple steps to unlock bootloader of Google LG Nexus 5X easily
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- Open the adb-and-fastboot folder you extracted earlier.
- Inside adb-and-fastboot folder, press SHIFT and Right-Click on an empty space inside the same folder.
- Click on Open command prompt here and enter the following command to boot your device into bootloader mode.
“adb reboot bootloader”
- You device will reboot to bootloader mode then type the following command in the command window to unlock the bootloader of LG Nexus 5X
“fastboot oem unlock”
- A warning screen will ask you to confirm the bootloader unlock, press Vol up to confirm.
- Your device bootloader will be unlocked and will wipe all the data present on the device storage.
That’ it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of LG Nexus 5X. If you have any query feel free to contact us.