Samsung Galaxy J3 model SM-J320F is receiving the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based latest firmware update. The update brings important security improvements along bug fixes and enhance stability in overall firmware. The update carries build number J320FXXU0APL3 and is available via OTA, Kies or even Odin.
The update patches the critical security vulnerability, however Samsung didn’t name the vulnerability but previously we have seen the Linux kernel vulnerability DirtyCow exploit that seems to be patched now. We have posted three different method to update Galaxy J3 J320F on latest firmware, choose the one you find easy for you.
Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)
Android Version: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Build Number: J320FXXU0APL3
Samsung Galaxy devices can be updated to newer firmware by three different software update methods and we have mentioned all of them below.
1 – OTA
2 – Samsung Kies
3 – Odin flash
You can follow any one of them you find easy but every firmware update process has some limitations and requirements. If you have installed custom recovery on your device it will be replaced by the Stock Recovery image and your device will become completely Stock after flashing the firmware. Below are the three firmware update methods you can follow to update your Galaxy J3 2016 on J320FXXU0APL3 Lollipop firmware.
How to update Galaxy J3 2016 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via OTA (Over The Air) method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Galaxy J3 2016 on J320FXXU0APL3 firmware. You can use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative methods like Kies or Odin. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash the latest update anytime later.
How to update Galaxy J3 2016 on J320FXXU0APL3 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Galaxy J3 2016 on Android Lollipop using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
If this process doesn’t helped you, proceed further to manually update your Galaxy J3 2016 on latest firmware via Odin.
First download the J320FXXU0APL3 firmware here and then follow the below link to see the Odin update method.
How to install J320FXXU0APL3 Lollipop on Galaxy J3 J320F manually via ODIN
First you need to download the firmware and then follow the guide below to update your device.
Gives us your feed back on how did you find our guide for updating Galaxy J3 2016 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based J320FXXU0APL3 firmware. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter and like our Google+ community for future update.