In this guide we are going to show you the step by step process to install latest TWRP recovery on Huawei Watch. Android Wear Watches are getting popular, you can perform all the functions on mini screen as that of common Android smartphone. More over you can explore and unleash the power of this little device by adding tweaks and install working Mods, but all these function can only be performed using custom recovery.
We have already heard about the custom recovery on Android smartphone but now custom recovery can be installed on Android Wear Watches. Recently a developer at XDA has developed TWRP recovery for Huawei Watch so in this guide we are going to install TWRP recovery on Android based Huawei Watch. Before we move ahead for the installation process, let’s have an overview of what you can do further with a custom recovery .
Benefits of Custom Recovery on Huawei Watch
Flash Custom ROMs: Custom recovery let’s you flash the custom firmware in your device, Custom ROMs have freedom to customize User-Interface and much more which you can’t find in the Stock firmware. You can update to any type of Android firmware available for your device.
Mods and Tweaks: Android OS let’s you install custom mods and tweaks, further you can install custom kernels to over clock CPU speed to enhance device performance.
Now it’s time to start the process to install TWRP recovery in Huawei Watch.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including installation of Custom recovery. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download these files:
Process to install TWRP recovery on Huawei Watch
Just follow the below simple steps in sequence to install TWRP recovery on Huawei Watch
- Extract the downloaded TWRP recovery file and rename in to recovery.img
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB cable.
- Open the adb-and-fastboot folder you extracted earlier and copy the TWRP recovery inside the adb-and-fastboot folder.
- Inside adb-and-fastboot folder, press SHIFT and Right-Click on an empty space inside the same folder.
- Click on Open command prompt here as shown in picture below.
- Now enter the following command to boot your device into bootloader mode,
“adb reboot bootloader”
- Then type the following command to flash TWRP recovery in your device,
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
- Wait for the process to complete.
That’s it, you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Huawei Watch. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section.