In this guide you will be able to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H. The TWRP recovery is now available for Galaxy J1 with model no SM-J100H, it might also work on the European variants of Galaxy J1 with model SM-J100F and J100G. The update procedure is simple all you need is the TWRP recovery file and the flash procedure is done using Odin flash tool. We have mentioned the step by step procedure to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy J1, just go ahead and follow the below instruction.
Benefits of Custom Recovery on Galaxy J1
Flash Custom ROMs: Custom recovery let’s you flash the custom firmware in your device, Custom ROMs have freedom to customize User-Interface and much more which you can’t find in the Stock firmware. You can update to any type of Android firmware available for your device.
Mods and Tweaks: Android OS let’s you install custom mods and tweaks, further you can install custom kernels to over clock CPU speed to enhance device performance.
Backup and Restore firmware: Custom recovery also contain feature to backup/restore whole OS including data and Apps. You can store multiple backups of your device depending on the available storage.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom recovery. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 70%
Download these files:
Process to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy J1 SM-J100H
Just follow the below steps in sequence to flash custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy J1
- Click Odin3.10 exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode, to do so turn off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- If you have installed USB drivers for your device properly then you will never face any problem regarding device-Odin connection, Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- In Odin click the AP tab and select the TWRP recovery .tar file.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.