After a long wait now it’s time to install stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow on LG G4 H815. The LG G4 becomes the first device after Nexus and Android one devices to receive the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware update. The firmware version for Android 6.0 Marshmallow for LG G4 H815 is 20A and thunderztech.com is here to help you install the latest firmware on your LG G4 H815.
In this tutorial we are going to use the manual procedure to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on LG G4 H814, the Marshmallow update is KDZ file and will be flashed using LG Flash tool. We have described the whole procedure below just go ahead and follow the instructions as mentioned in step sequence. This update is for LG G4 H815 do not flash it on any other variant.
NOTE: If you are facing difficulty in installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow KDZ on LG G4 using Flashtool, follow this guide to install Stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow using TWRP recovery)
How to install Stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow KDZ on LG G4
You need to download these necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Download and Extract LG Flash Tool
Download LG USB drivers
Download Visual C++ Library
Before you Begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include flashing Stock Firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
Note: If you can’t see Developer Options on your device setting’s menu then you have to perform an extra step, go to Settings >> About device >> Navigate downward till you see an option “Build number” Tap it seven time quickly until it says “you are now a developer” . This will enable Developers Options on your device in the Settings menu now go back and enable USB debugging as described in the above step.
Process to update
If you are new to this tool then you have to pay attention on the step by step sequence to avoid any mishap during the update process.
- Install the downloaded Visual C++ library file.
- Turn off your device completely.
- Now press Vol up + Vol down and connect your device to PC with USB cable. This will put your LG G4 into download mode with a text written on the top as “Firmware Update”.
- Copy the download firmware .kdz file to the extracted LG Flash tool folder.
- Now click and run the LGFlashtool2014.exe inside LG Flash tool folder.
- On the Flashtool screen select type as CDMA and and phone mode as DIAG
- Now select the downloaded KDZ firmware file
- Choose between Normal Flash mode and CSE flash mode, both work the same instead CSE flash delete the internal storage and the data present on it including apps and gallery, Normal flash if you are already on LG stock firmware then choose this option.
- Once you selected the Flash mode of your choice then click start and choose your region and language.
- The installation process will start and wait for the device to reboot.
Also Read: Root LG G4 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
That’s it, you have successfully installed latest firmware Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your LG G4 H815. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.