Samsung started rolling out G925VVRU4BOG7 firmware with Stagefright security patch for Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V. As usual thundertech.com is always ready to help you in updating your Galaxy S6 Edge firmware to G925VVRU4BOG7 latest update based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The update is rolling out via OTA (Over-The-Air) but you can grab the update and install it manually in your device using Odin firmware flash tool. The OTA is method is pretty easy but it depends on the region where the OTA has landed or your device should be completely stock to pass the compatibility standards set for the OTA update process.
Sometimes OTA takes much time to hit your device due to regional delays but here we have posted the manual procedure to update your Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V without waiting for the OTA. This is not the first tutorial we are posting here but in the previous guides we used the same manual method. Below you can find G925VVRU4BOG7 firmware information and the device model along Android version. You can flash firmware file for any region on your device but check twice the model number mentioned on the firmware details.
G925VVRU4BOG7 firmware details:
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Verizon)
Version:Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
How to update Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop manually using Odin
To update your Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V via Odin tools you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Download and Extract Odin 3.10.6
Download Samsung USB drivers
Before you Begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes installation procedure of Samsung’s Stock firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
Download and Extract Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware file specified for your device from the below provided links.
- Download G925VVRU4BOG7 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Process to manually update Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G925VVRU4BOG7 Firmware
If you are new to this tool then you have to pay attention on the step by step sequence to avoid any mishap during the update process.
- Click the Odin icon to run the Odin flash tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode by turning off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button+Volume Down +Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to pc via USB cable.
- If everything goes well Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- Now click the AP tab and select the firmware file (tar.md5) that you have downloaded and extracted earlier.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the firmware update process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully update your Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V to G925VVRU4BOG7 firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you feel any type of difficulty during the update process, please let us know by posting your queries in the below comment box. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.