Pure Nexus Project ROM is now available for Pixel and Pixel XL. The ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware so if you wish to see the latest Nougat firmware for your Pixel and Pixel XL then this is the best firmware to flash. The Pure Nexus Nougat ROM is a beta version but pretty stable and most of the features are working fine so you can use it on your device as daily drivers. The Pure Nexus Nougat firmware for Pixel and Pixel XL can be easily flashed on your device all you need is working TWRP recovery installed on your device, or if you don’t have that nothing to worry simply follow the below guide where you’ll find steps to install TWRP recovery on your device to firmware installation.
We have posted custom Android Nougat ROMs related guide on other devices by using the same process you can have overview of them as well as the process is almost same. One more thing we must clear before proceeding that, thePure Nexus Nougat firmware is not a Stock firmware by Pixel and Pixel XL but it’s a custom firmware so think verify this before proceeding.
How to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Pixel and Pixel XL via Pure Nexus Nougat firmware
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%
Download Google Pixel USB drivers, necessary for PC-Android connection (if your device is not detected by the computer)
Download and install latest TWRP on Pixel or visit our recovery section and choose your device model.
Backup your important data or follow this guide to create a Nandroid Backup of your device. (This will create a backup of your complete device including current firmware, if something goes wrong you can restore your previous firmware)
Process to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Pixel and Pixel XL via Pure Nexus Nougat firmware
- Download the ROM file from the link provided below.
- Connect your device to your PC and copy the both ROM and google apps zip files onto your device storage.
- If you have download the ROM using your Phone then no need to perform the step 2.
- Turn of your device and boot into TWRP custom Recovery menu by the hardware keys combination or using any third party app (Mostly found in Play store).
- Once your device enters into TWRP recovery, create a Nandroid backup of your device or follow our guide to create a Nandroid backup (this will create a backup of your complete device including current firmware) if something goes wrong you can restore your previous firmware.
- Once the Nandroid process completes, tap on “Wipe” and then swipe the slider from left to right to begin the wipe process (This will reset your device to factory)
- Now it’s the time to flash the Android Nougat firmware on your device. Choose install and navigate to the folder in which you have copied the Pure Nexus zip file
- Swipe across the slider to confirm install, wait for a few minutes till the file is completely installed in your device.
- Once completed Reboot your device.
Note: If your device stuck at boot logo or taking longer then 7-10 minutes then follow this guide to fix this issue
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 7.1.1 Nougat via Pure Nexus ROM on Pixel and Pixel XL. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.
Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat Pure Nexus ROM for Pixel and Pixel XL. Click here