In this guide you will able to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow based(Lean ROM) custom ROM on your Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player. The MRA58K Stock Android 6.0 M firmware is already available for the above described devices but the Android 6.0 M based custom ROM is tweaked and debloated without extra bloatware which is already removed. The Lean ROM let’s you flash addons file to get useful apps like ES File explorer, CM Gallery and Google messenger, etc.
The Lean ROM is based on Stock MRA58K and you can install it easily in your device using custom recovery like TWRP. The installation process is not like other devices in fact you have to flash the new boot and radio zip before flashing Lean custom ROM in your device, below we have mentioned the whole procedure to flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Lean custom ROM.
Note: If the recovery flashable radio and boot zip file is not available for your device then you have to manually install both files using adb-fastboot.
How to install modified MRA58K Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 5 with Lean custom ROM
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which includes Installing Custom ROMs, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%
- Download and install latest USB drivers
- Your device should have a working TWRP recovery installed.
Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow build specified for your Nexus 5 from the below provided links
Download MRA58K custom ROM for Nexus 5
Download Radio+Boot Zip
Download MRA58K custom ROM for Nexus 6 (Will be available Soon)
Download MRA58K custom ROM for Nexus 7 (Will be available Soon)
Download MRA58K custom ROM for Nexus 9 (Will be available Soon)
Download MRA58K custom ROM for Nexus Player (Will be available Soon)
Process to install MRA58K Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Lean ROM on Google Nexus 5
- Turn of your device and boot into TWRP custom Recovery menu by the hardware keys combination or using any third party app (Mostly found in Play store).
- Once your device enters into TWRP recovery, create a Nandroid backup of your device or follow our guide to create a Nandroid backup (this will create a backup of your complete device including current firmware) if something goes wrong you can restore your previous firmware.
- Once the Nandroid process completes, navigate and select wipe data/factory reset.(this will erase your data)
- Now it’s the time to flash the Radio+Boot.zip on your device. Choose “install” >> choose zip from sdcard & navigate to the folder in where you have copied the boot+radio.zip file and flash it.
- Wait for a few minutes till the file is completely installed in your device.
- Once done with the above step, now apply the same process with the installation of MRA58K Android 6.0 M ROM.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. The first boot up may take 5-7 minutes.
If your device is taking longer then 7-10 minutes then follow this guide to to fix this issue
That’s it! You have successfully installed Tweaked MRA58K Android 6.0 Marshmallow via Lean custom ROM on your Google Nexus 5, experience the latest features of MRA58K Android 6.0 M via Lean custom ROM on your device. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.