In this tutorial we are here at Thunderztech.com to guide you on the complete process to flash latest TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge including all variants. Samsung rolled out the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop latest firmware updates for Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge with all variants, these updates are very important to install because Samsung has issued the security fix for StageFright though most of the users have already updated their devices manually without waiting for the OTA and now they are waiting for the official TWRP recovery release for their Galaxy S6.
Fortunately TWRP recovery for the Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge is now available to download at official TWRP site. It is specifically released for the devices running on the latest firmware So in this guide we will help you on how to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge. TWRP recovery is released for the following Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge variants you can easily install TWRP recovery in any of the below listed models.
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
If you are an experienced user then well & good, you will never find any confusion in the installation process but if you are new to the flashing process then you have to pay full attention on the step by step guide to successfully install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge.
There are multiple thing you can perform with custom recovery some of them are described below.
Benefits of flashing Custom Recovery on Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge
Flash Custom ROMs: Custom recovery let’s you flash the custom firmware in your device, Custom ROMs have freedom to customize User-Interface and much more which you can’t find in the Stock firmware. You can update to any type of Android firmware available for your device.
Mods and Tweaks: Android OS let’s you install custom mods and tweaks, further you can install custom kernels to over clock CPU speed to enhance device performance.
Backup and Restore firmware: Custom recovery also contain feature to backup/restore whole OS including data and Apps. You can store multiple backups of your device depending on the available storage.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (all variants)
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 70%
Download these files:
- Download Samsung USB drivers.
- Download and Extract Odin 3.09
- Download TWRP recovery for Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge (Choose the latest file with name zeroflte)
Process to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Just follow the below steps in sequence to flash custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge
- Click Odin3.09.exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode, to do so turn off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- If you have installed USB drivers for your device properly then you will never face any problem regarding device-Odin connection, Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- In Odin click the AP tab and select the TWRP recovery TAR file.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.