Samsung Galaxy J2 is the latest budget device released by Samsung in September this year. The box opened device comes with pre-installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop but now Samsung has released another latest firmware update J200GUDXU1AOK1, packed with improved security and multiple other improvements. In this guide we are going to share the step by step process to install J200GUDXU1AOK1 security firmware on Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU, we have already posted same tutorials for other Galaxy devices and in this guide we are going to repeat them.
The J200GUDXU1AOK1 is not only an updated version of Android Lollipop but also brought multiple improvements and bugs fixes along proper security features to fix the Stagefright issue so we recommend you to keep your Android device updated with the latest firmware. Below you can find information about your device model number and the firmware information, just keep scrolling down.
J200GUDXU1AOK1 firmware details:
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy J2
Version: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
If you have installed custom recovery on your device it will be replaced by the Stock Recovery image and your device will become completely stock after flashing the firmware. Below is the complete procedure to manually install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J200GUDXU1AOK1 firmware on Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU.
How to update Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU Manually using ODIN
To update your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU via Odin tools you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Before you Begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include flashing Stock Firmware, Custom ROM, Custom recovery and rooting. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
Download and Extract J200GUDXU1AOK1 firmware file from the below provided links.
Process to update Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU to J200GUDXU1AOK1 firmware
If you are new to this tool then you have to pay attention on the step by step sequence to avoid any mishap during the update process.
- Click Odin.exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode by turning off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button+Volume Down +Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- If you have properly installed USB drivers on your PC, Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Options Tab on Odin screen.
- Now click the AP tab and select the firmware TAR file that you have downloaded and extracted earlier.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once the firmware update process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box (as shown).
- Your device will automatically reboot with the newly flashed firmware.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J200GUDXU1AOK1 firmware. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.