Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now available for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE via AOSP custom ROM. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM is based on pure Android 6.0 M source code and further compiled to make it available for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE. The device is quite capable of running the latest firmware due to it’s powerful hardware components, Samsung’s official Android 6.0 M updates will take months to release for the compatible devices but this is a real chance for the impatient user’s to see the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware running on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE.
Below is the detailed procedure to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE. This is the initial build so you may experience some bugs but most of the features are working fine, so if you want to revert back to stock firmware you can do it any time you want. Just go ahead and start the procedure to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which includes Installing custom firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%
- Download and install latest USB drivers
- Your device should have a working TWRP recovery installed.
Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow from the below provided links
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Gapps (coming soon)
Process to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE
- Connect your device to PC and copy the Android 6.0 Marshmallow zip in the internal storage of your device.
- Turn of your device and boot into TWRP custom Recovery menu by the hardware keys combination or using any third party app (Mostly found in Play store). (Vol up+ Home +Power Button Simultaneously)
- Once your device enters into TWRP recovery, create a Nandroid backup of your device or follow our guide to create a Nandroid backup (this will create a backup of your complete device including current firmware) if something goes wrong you can restore your previous firmware.
- Once the Nandroid process completes, navigate and select wipe data/factory reset.(this will erase your data)
- Now it’s the time to flash the Android 6.0 Marshmallow.zip on your device. Choose “install” >> choose zip from sdcard & navigate to the folder in where you have copied the Android 6.0 M.zip file and flash it.
- Wait for a few minutes till the file is completely installed in your device.
- The first boot up may take 5-7 minutes.
If your device is taking longer then 7-10 minutes then follow this guide to to fix this issue
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE. Experience the latest features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.