Thunderztech.com bring an exciting news for the users of Android One Sprout4. TWRP recovery flashable Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now available for Android One Sprout4. The update is very useful because you don’t need to make your device stock to install the latest Android Marshmallow firmware instead you can install it easily using custom recovery like TWRP.
Before we go ahead for the installation process please make sure that your Android One Sprout4 is already running on LMY48M Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you are not on LMY48M firmware don’t worry we have provided a link to LMY48M update below just install it and then update the Android Marshmallow firmware using our guide below. Here is the list of compatible devices for Android 6.0 marshmallow update.
- Karbonn Sparkle V
- Micromax Canvas A1
- Symphony Roar A50
- MyPhone Uno
- Spice Dream UN
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Android One Sprout4 using TWRP recovery
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which includes Installing Stock firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%
- Download and install latest USB drivers
- Your device should have a working TWRP recovery installed.
Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow from the below provided links
Download Android 5.1.1 Lollipop LMY48M firmware (Ignore it if you are already running this)
Process to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Android One Sprout4 using custom recovery
- Connect your device to PC and copy the Android 6.0 Marshmallow zip in the internal storage of your device.
- Turn of your device and boot into TWRP custom Recovery menu by the hardware keys combination or using any third party app (Mostly found in Play store).
- Once your device enters into TWRP recovery, create a Nandroid backup of your device or follow our guide to create a Nandroid backup (this will create a backup of your complete device including current firmware) if something goes wrong you can restore your previous firmware.
- Once the Nandroid process completes, navigate and select wipe data/factory reset.(this will erase your data)
- Now it’s the time to flash the Android 6.0 Marshmallow.zip on your device. Choose “install” >> choose zip from sdcard & navigate to the folder in where you have copied the Android 6.0 M.zip file and flash it.
- Wait for a few minutes till the file is completely installed in your device.
- The first boot up may take 5-7 minutes.
If your device is taking longer then 7-10 minutes then follow this guide to to fix this issue
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Android One Sprout4. Experience the latest features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.