OnePlus is performing soak test before the final release of OxygenOS 3.0 for OnePlus 2. The good news is that the OxygenOS 3.0 is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware that will let the OnePlus 2 to join the company of devices that are already updated with Android Marshmallow firmware. The OxygenOS 3.0 for OnePlus 2 not only carries the latest Android version but also packed with a variety of new and improved features gifted from both Google and OnePlus.
Feeling surprise about this? So let’s elaborate this way what we said earlier, the Google’s latest firmware Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow gives OnePlus 2 it’s popular features including Doze Battery Optimization Mode, improved apps permission and more, while the OnePlus team has also pushed it’s own tweaks inside the update as other OEM does with their firmware that include Swipe settings for notifications, latest colorful wallpapers, widgets and more customized stuff. The update will be rolling out anytime soon so lets give a check for the OTA update, go to
Settings >> About device >> Check for updates
The update comes in 2 form, one is the OTA update for the devices in stock un-rooted conditions are eligible for receiving the OTA updates and can be installed using stock recovery. While the other form of OxygenOS 3.0 is the complete firmware which can be installed using custom recovery like TWRP (we have provided the link to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 2 in the below description).
Below we have mentioned the above described two methods for updating your OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.0, just go ahead and follow them to easily install the latest OxygenOS 3.0 on your OnePlus 2
How to install OxygenOS v3.0 on your OnePlus 2
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include flashing Stock Firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download OnePlus 2 USB drivers
TWRP recovery must be installed along root access on OnePlus 2 or follow this guide
Download these files:
Download OxygenOS v3.0 complete ROM for rooted devices
Procedure to install OxygenOS v3.0 on OnePlus 2 via Stock Recovery (Non Rooted devices)
- Copy the OxygenOS v3.0 OTA zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus 2
- Turn off your device and reboot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery, use Vol up or Vol down button to navigate and select apply updates.
- Browse and select update zip file and flash it.
- Once done reboot your device.
Procedure to install OxygenOS v3.0 on OnePlus 2 via TWRP
Just follow the below steps in sequence to install OxygenOS v3.0 on your OnePlus 2.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the OxygenOS v3.0 complete firmware zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus 2
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or any third party app.
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select the OxygenOS v3.0 file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully installed OxygenOS v3.0 on your OnePlus 2. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.