Samsung mistakenly started rolling out official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy S5 SM-G900F carries build number MMB29M.G900FXXU1CPA5, this is not the first time but the Galaxy Note 4 has already received the accidental update. A user in France has received the update notification and he installed it sucessfully now you can also give a try, the Marshmallow update for Galaxy S5 SM-G900F is packed with multiple new features including new rounded icons, fast animation speed and latest notification bar same as Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
The MMB29M.G900FXXU1CPA5 firmware is based on stock TouchWiz based Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and is rolling out via OTA (Over-The-Air), the OTA notification will knock at your device anytime soon.
Samsung is rolling out firmware updates for most of the awaited devices on daily basis and we have posted guide on the firmware update process of these devices. In the following guide we are going to use the same process to update G900FXXU1CPA5 firmware on Galaxy S5 SM-G900F, just go ahead and start the installation procedure below you can find the G900FXXU1CPA5 firmware information.
G900FXXU1CPA5 firmware details:
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S5
Version: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Samsung Galaxy devices can be updated to newer firmware by two different software update methods. You can follow any one of them you find easy but every firmware update process has some limitations and requirements. If you have installed custom recovery on your device it will be replaced by the Stock Recovery image and your device will become completely Stock after flashing the firmware. Below are the two firmware update methods you can follow to update your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
How to update Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via OTA (Over The Air) method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to G900FXXU1CPA5 firmware. You can use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative method like Kies. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash the latest update anytime later.
How to update Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
Congratulations! If you have successfully update to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based G900FXXU1CPA5 firmware please let us know. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.