Android 5.1.1 Lollipop has started rolling out for Huawei Ascend P7. You can follow our guide here thunderztech.com, in which we will help you update your Huawei Ascend P7 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using both OTA and the manual way. First we will give a try to the OTA method to check whether your device is eligible for the update, for this you can also perform a manuall check.
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for Huawei Ascend P7 brought much improved feature along redesigned interface. It’s a major update from Android 4.4.2 KitKat to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop the latest one till now. Let’s go ahead and proceed for the installation process.
How to update Huawei Ascend P7 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via OTA method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Huawei Ascend P7 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. You use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Huawei servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later.
How to update Huawei Ascend P7 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop manually
To update your Huawei Ascend P7 via Odin tools you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Download Huawei USB drivers
Before you Begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes installation procedure of Huawei’ Stock firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
Download Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware file specified for your device from the below provided links.
- Download and Extract Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware for Huawei Ascend P7 LO9 || Link 2
- Download and Extract Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware for Huawei Ascend P7 LT10 || Link 2
Process to update Huawei Ascend P7 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop manually
- Open the Extracted firmware folder for Huawei Ascend P7, there you will see a folder with the name dload >> Update.APP.
- Now Connect your Ascend P7 to PC and copy the dload folder with Update.APP file inside it to the internal storage of your device.
- Now open the Update menu under Settings
- Tap Menu key and select Local Update
- The device will start search for the UPDATE.APP you copied earlier.
- Once the device successfully completed the search a pop up will appear to install the latest update.
- Choose install and wait for the installation process to complete.
- You device will reboot automatically.
That’s it! you have successfully update your Huawei Ascend P7 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.