In this guide we are going to show you how to unlock bootloader, install TWRP recovery and Root OnePlus 2. OnePlus 2 is the successor of OnePlus One, running on the latest firmware the device carries same size display but enhanced hardware specs on board and relatively extended 3300 mAh battery. These devices allow installation of third party ROMS easily because their bootloader is very easy to unlock as compared to other device.
So the first and the most important step is to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 2 after that we can install TWRP recovery and Root OnePlus 2. So Just follow the below guide to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 2 easily.
What you can do after unlocking the OnePlus 2 bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader of OnePlus 2 may void the warranty but once it is unlocked you can pass through a gateway to perform custom operations and then comes the root and custom recovery process, these two tools lets you to be the administrator of your device and allow you to make modifications and customization in your Android device.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include, unlocking bootloader, flashing Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 70%
Download these files:
How to unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 2
Just follow these simple steps to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 2 easily
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- Open the adb-and-fastboot folder you extracted earlier.
- Inside adb-and-fastboot folder, press SHIFT and Right-Click on an empty space inside the same folder.
- Click on Open command prompt here and enter the following command to boot your device into bootloader mode.
“adb reboot bootloader”
- You device will reboot to bootloader mode then type the following command in the command window to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 2
“fastboot oem unlock”
- Your device bootloader will be unlocked and will wipe all the data present on the device storage.
That’ it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of OnePlus 2 now follow the below guide to flash TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 2.